Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Sprouts Farmers Market Magazine (November/December 2011). This recipe is "full of fiber-rich dates, walnuts with omega-3s, and delightfully powerful cinnamon, these offer a clean, satisfying taste, sans a post-dessert hangover."
- 1 cup walnut halves, and pieces
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place walnuts and dates in a small food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Pulse in oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to pulse until mixture begins to form a ball.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto prepared baking sheet forming into balls with your hands; flatten slightly. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet.