Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super yummy and super quick, this chocolate cake is accidentally vegan! It can be made from scraps found around most kitchens. To make cupcakes instead, just fill a cupcake pan (greased and floured or with cups) 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes instead.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml cold water
- Mix or sift all dry ingredients together well.
- Make three wells in dry ingredients.
- Pour oil into one well, vinegar into another, and vanilla into the last hole.
- Pour the water over the whole thing.
- Mix with a wooden spoon till blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x8 baking dish (double recipe for 9x13).
- Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Very tasty cake! I made cupcakes as suggested in your intro and got 10 good-sized cupcakes from 1 batch of mix. These were nice and chocolatey but not overly sweet. I thought they might be really dense but they were actually fairly light and moist. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012