Super yummy and super quick, this chocolate cake is accidentally vegan! It can be made from scraps found around most kitchens. To make cupcakes instead, just fill a cupcake pan (greased and floured or with cups) 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes instead.
- Mix or sift all dry ingredients together well.
- Make three wells in dry ingredients.
- Pour oil into one well, vinegar into another, and vanilla into the last hole.
- Pour the water over the whole thing.
- Mix with a wooden spoon till blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x8 baking dish (double recipe for 9x13).
- Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Very tasty cake! I made cupcakes as suggested in your intro and got 10 good-sized cupcakes from 1 batch of mix. These were nice and chocolatey but not overly sweet. I thought they might be really dense but they were actually fairly light and moist. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012