Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I adapted this yummy recipe from a muffin recipe in ExtraVeganZa. It takes a while to bake but is worth it and a great way to use up bananas getting ripe. I was looking for an egg-free banana bread since I wanted baked goods and had no eggs...this came out great! You can use milk-free chocolate chips to keep it truly vegan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil (or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Put all the ingredients, in the order listed, into a food processor that can hold at least 4 cups. Vanilla soymilk works well if you reduce the vanilla to 1 tsp, but I like to mix the 2 tsp with plain soymilk.
- Whiz the mixture for about 20-30 seconds or until most of the bananas have liquefied. If adding anything extra like walnuts or chocolate chips, stir them in by hand.
- Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper, scraping the sides down to make sure all the batter was poured inches.
- Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted fork comes out clean. Let cool at least 20 minutes prior to eating.