Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am a very picky eater and I love this cake! My husband and my kids (ages 7, 6, and 2) also love it. The entire batch is gone in less than one day and I don't mind making it a few times a week because it's so easy! It's healthy too so I made it for breakfast once :)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil and sugar; then add applesauce.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to applesauce mixture; beat until smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Use icing if desired.
I've made this a few times and it's great! I added raisins and walnuts/pecans, chia seeds...it's very versatile. I actually just totally switched things up and made it with mashed bananas, spelt flour, pecans, and a crumb topping - definitely a winner!
I made it already twice with spelt flower 50/50 wholegrain. delicious! today I will make it as a base to vegan tort I make for my son of his second birthday. thank you!
Fluffy and moist! I used half wheat flour and half all purpose. I also followed another reviewers lead and put raw sugar and cinnamon on top for the little crunch. My very picky friends loved it!