Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of mine gave me this for our contest. Hope you like it.
- 2 boneless veal steaks, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to dust veal with
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- noodles (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, dredge both sides of the veal in flour, shake off extra and place in pan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute veal and mushrooms until veal is lightly browned on both sides, drain oil and return to heat.
- Turn the heat to high, add the Marsala wine, and scrape loose all the little browned bits.
- Add butter and vegetable broth and sprinkle with a little flour to thicken sauce.
- Cook until until the liquid is reduced by half. Transfer the veal to warm serving plates, pour sauce over them and serve over noodles if desired.
This was my first time making veal at home. Not bad if I may say for myself and my DH. I had this dish with some leftover bread that I was using for bread chocolate souffles Recipe #135938 I was making later that night. Oh we do not care for mushrooms so we used onions. I would recomend this for anyone to try.
This was a very yummy dish. I did feel a little bad eating veal, because of how young they are. :S but it was a very nice dish.