Recipe by Auntie Jan
A friend of mine gave me this for our contest. Hope you like it.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
This was my first time making veal at home. Not bad if I may say for myself and my DH. I had this dish with some leftover bread that I was using for bread chocolate souffles Recipe #135938 I was making later that night. Oh we do not care for mushrooms so we used onions. I would recomend this for anyone to try.
- 2 boneless veal steaks, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to dust veal with
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, dredge both sides of the veal in flour, shake off extra and place in pan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute veal and mushrooms until veal is lightly browned on both sides, drain oil and return to heat.
- Turn the heat to high, add the Marsala wine, and scrape loose all the little browned bits.
- Add butter and vegetable broth and sprinkle with a little flour to thicken sauce.
- Cook until until the liquid is reduced by half. Transfer the veal to warm serving plates, pour sauce over them and serve over noodles if desired.