Meat, potatoes and vegetables all in one pan! I had a large veal shoulderblade chop which looked more like a steak than a chop, and I decided to braise it in the oven. The ingredients went together very quickly and this came out tender and moist. There was more than enough potatoes and zucchini for two, but we did finish the veal. Yum!
- 680.38 g veal shoulder chops (I used shoulder blade chops with bone)
- 680.38 g zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 566.99 g red potatoes, small (10 or 12 to a pound)
- 1 sweet onion, medium to large (chopped coarsely)
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine (I used a Riesling)
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated (It's quicker than mincing)
- 3.69 ml dried thyme
- 793.78 g tomatoes, canned petite diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Rub or brush chops with olive oil, both sides. Then sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chops in baking dish.
- Mix garlic and thyme into the wine, then pour over meat.
- Arrange zucchini over the chops, then add the potatoes.
- Pour can of tomatoes over all.
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake for one hour at 400 degrees.
- Remove vegetables to plates, then the chops. Ready to eat! We topped it with fresh grated Romano cheese and crushed red pepper. OPTIONAL: Thicken the liquid with cornstarch to make a gravy.