1/6 Photos of Easy Veal Chops Ladiva
1 hr 15 mins
Meat, potatoes and vegetables all in one pan! I had a large veal shoulderblade chop which looked more like a steak than a chop, and I decided to braise it in the oven. The ingredients went together very quickly and this came out tender and moist. There was more than enough potatoes and zucchini for two, but we did finish the veal. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs veal shoulder chops (I used shoulder blade chops with bone)
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 1/4 lbs red potatoes, small (10 or 12 to a pound)
- 1 sweet onion, medium to large (chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used a Riesling)
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated (It's quicker than mincing)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 28 ounces tomatoes, canned petite diced
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- 2Rub or brush chops with olive oil, both sides. Then sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3Place chops in baking dish.
- 4Mix garlic and thyme into the wine, then pour over meat.
- 5Arrange zucchini over the chops, then add the potatoes.
- 6Pour can of tomatoes over all.
- 7Cover tightly with foil, and bake for one hour at 400 degrees.
- 8Remove vegetables to plates, then the chops. Ready to eat! We topped it with fresh grated Romano cheese and crushed red pepper. OPTIONAL: Thicken the liquid with cornstarch to make a gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Veal Chops Ladiva
Serving Size: 1 (1466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 296.4 mg
- Sodium 2157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 79.6 g