Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
The perfect wafer crust for pies!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place wafer cookies in a ziplocked bag. Roll a rolling pin over the bag until the wafers have been crushed into fine crumbs; pour crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter or margarine to the bowl and slowly combine with the crumbs using a mixing spoon.
- Turn crumb mixture onto a 9-inch pie plate and spread evenly around.
- Using a small measuring cup (or your fingertips works fine) tightly press the crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of the pie pan to form a firm and even crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
This came out great for me. I added a little orange zest and cinnamon sugar, and I pulsed it all in the food processor. Nice change from the typical graham cracker crust :)