Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Heres a nice change from the well loved Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.
Make and share this Easy Vanilla Poppy Seed Bread (Diabetic Changes Given) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/4C sugar and 3/4 C Splenda)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds in a large bowl, until well blended.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 8 1/2x4 1/2" loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan, and cool completely on rack.
WOW, this makes for a lovely bread loaf!!! It is moist and fluffy on the inside and has a great crunchy crust. The vanilla and poppy seed flavours go so well together and make for a really special treat! I made only half the recipe and used my mini loaf pan, which resulted in a cute little bread. :) The small loaf baked through in 40 minutes. I cut the sugar back to a 1/4 cup for half the recipe, so that my bread wasnt overly sweet. What a perfect treat, Annacia! I will surely make it again and am thinking about giving it to friends and family as a holiday gift. Made and reviewed for Gimme 5 Tag Game November 09.
Lousy bread mix but great pancake batter. Sorry, but the consistency on this bread was not to our liking; too dense and rubbery. Fortunately, there were many similarities between this mix and my pancake recipe so I was able to convert it with minimal changes and the results were outstanding! Poppy seed pancakes are now the way to go every Saturday morning in my household.
This had a nice crust and soft interior. Not too sweet, but I will double vanilla next time, as it wasn't quite enough flavor for me (personal taste :) ) Also will try as muffins. I made the diabetic version. Thanks for posting.