Recipe by nicole.cpp-2
Adapted from a chocolate recipe. Use 1/4 cup sugar for reasonable sweetness...or the whole 1/2 cup for full-out, almost over-the-top flavor.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk in almond milk until no lumps remain (do NOT add vanilla yet!).
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the boiling mixture constantly for 2 (count 'em -- 2) minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into 4 custard cups and refrigerate until set.