Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love Egg Rolls and have been making them for several years. This recipe is easier with alot more flavor. The Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix really adds alot of flavor to the Egg Rolls and the Dipping sauce.These got rave reviews from my family this weekend and they were gone in an instant. I guarantee you will love these and without the guilt and still enjoy the crunch.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup baby carrots, grated
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, mashed
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 20 egg roll wraps
- nonstick cooking spray
Slim dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute for 2 minutes shallots and baby carrots, stirring often. Add chicken breast, Hidden Valley Ranch Original Seasoning Mix, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, white wine, corn starch and sugar. Stirring often cook this mixture for about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in green onions and spinach. Set aside to cool completely. This could be made the day or morning before.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On the Egg Roll Wrapper package there is a diagram and instructions on how to assemble. If that isn't handy, here is my best description:.
- 1) Take one wrapper and place it on a work surface in front of you with one corner facing you.
- 2) In the middle put 1/4 cup of the cooled filling. Pull up the bottom corner and cover filling completely.
- 3) Bring both sides in to the middle. Wet the remaining end with water, using your finger and roll the roll forward towards the wet end and seal.
- 4) Place seam side down on a non stick sprayed baking sheet. Continue until all filling is used.
- Spray all the tops with non stick spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and dip, eat, dip, eat.
Nice egg roll and like that it is baked. Interesting dipping sauce, but tasty. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game.