Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
I got this from my JC Penny/United Way Cookbook, 1996. These are really yummy and look very pretty. I haven't made them in years, but maybe I'll make them this year for church refreshment time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 6 drops red food coloring
- Cut butter into flour and salt with pastry blender.
- Stir in sour cream until soft dough forms.
- Wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- Roll 1 part dough into a rectangle, 15 x 10 inches, on a lightly floured cloth covered board.
- Refrigerate remaining dough.
- Brush butter lengthwise over about 2/3 of the rectangle.
- Gently spread 1/3 of the cherry pie filling over the butter.
- Roll up tightly beginning with fruit side.
- Place on greased baking sheet, bringing ends together to make heart shape.
- Repeat with 2 remaining parts of dough.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with Pink Glaze. (may take more milk than 3 T, or you can replace with water).