Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
What to do with your leftover stuffing? Make un-stuffed pork chops.
- 2 one-inch pork chops, center cut and bone in
- 2 cups prepared stuffing (leftover is fine, I used savory and cornbread mixed)
- 1 apple, peeled and cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup stock (or vermouth or white wine or Calvados or what you have on hand)
- With half the butter, butter small 8" casserole with lid while oven pre-heats to 350* . Mix apples into stuffing and press into the baking dish.
- Dry pork chops with paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter over medium high heat. When it stops sizzling, brown the chops on both sides. Remove chops to the casserole on top of the stuffing.
- De-glaze the pan with a little stock or wine, and pour the drippings over the chops and stuffing. Bake covered for 50 minutes. Uncover for 10 minutes. Add a salad or veggies to complete the meal.
Very good and easy recipe for leftover stuffing! In fact it's so good, it's worth making a stuffing especially for it. I added garlic powder and thyme to the chops.