Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled seeded cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
I made these to serve with Apricot Turkey Burgers. I liked this just the way it was - who can say no to an easy AND delicious sauce? Nobody, that's who. Next time I make Gyros (as close as you can get without the spit!), I'll use this instead of plain yogurt.
Not a traditional tzatziki recipe, but very nice indeed. Indeed, my kids seemed to prefer it to the stronger garlic version. Went over very well with our souvlaki.
Very nice - I usually add garlic and mint, but I wanted to try a new way with Tzatziki - this was a fresh and tasty flavour! I did not grate my cucumbers, but diced them small - I prefer a "bite" when eating this type of salad/sauce! We ate this with grilled lamb chops for a very Mediterranean meal - I did garnish this with mint howevwer! Thanks for posting Reds - FT:-)