Recipe by Junebug
These are easy to cook and assemble and can be frozen to be used as needed. I use large potatoes, so 1/2 stuffed potato shell is one serving.
Top Review by Columbus Foodie
Excellent way to use up leftover baked potatoes, and a versatile enough recipe to be able to add your own spices/flavors to suit your personal tastes. This one is a keeper!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon refrigerated minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese, divided
- 2 green onions (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a 375 degree oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours until done.
- When potatoes are done let them cool 10-15 minutes.
- Then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon carefully scoop out the potato, leaving a little on skin so they don't break. Save the skins.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except 1/4 cup cheese, green onion and paprika with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. If not creamy enough add a bit more milk.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and green onions.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Return to oven until hot and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Or you can wrap in saran wrap and put in a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for use at another time.