Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
These are easy to cook and assemble and can be frozen to be used as needed. I use large potatoes, so 1/2 stuffed potato shell is one serving.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon refrigerated minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese, divided
- 2 green onions (to garnish)
- paprika (to garnish)
- Bake potatoes in a 375 degree oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours until done.
- When potatoes are done let them cool 10-15 minutes.
- Then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon carefully scoop out the potato, leaving a little on skin so they don't break. Save the skins.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except 1/4 cup cheese, green onion and paprika with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. If not creamy enough add a bit more milk.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and green onions.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Return to oven until hot and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Or you can wrap in saran wrap and put in a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for use at another time.
Excellent way to use up leftover baked potatoes, and a versatile enough recipe to be able to add your own spices/flavors to suit your personal tastes. This one is a keeper!
I used Kittens Recipe#288122 for the baked potato, then went on to make this. Loved the creaminess, the green onions, and even the paprika! Thank you1
YUUUUM! Junebug, these were fantastic!! DH was so happy to eat these wonderful Twice Baked Potatoes...his favorite! And now I believe I know why....They don`t have "American" Cheddar Cheese here, and the English type is not the same, so I had to use Jarlsberg cheese...the flavor blended in just fine, and we didn`t think it had any "bitter" taste that Jarsberg sometimes causes. Fantstic and oh-so-good! Thanks for sharing!!