Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This recipe was given to me by my neighbor. You wouldn't think anything so good could be so easy. Using cake mix and ice cream topping makes it a snap to make.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker triple fudge cake mix (see note below)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Any brand of dark chocolate or devil's food cake mix can be used. Just adjust the amount of water, eggs and vegetable oil to the amount called for on the back of box of your brand cake mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Drizzle 1/2 cup caramel topping over batter and swirl into batter with knife.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from the sides of pan and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve while slightly warm. Garnish each serving with additional chopped nuts and caramel topping.