Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple, inexpensive and yummy way to cook a turkey thigh dinner. I created this dish after searching for recipes that used turkey thighs and being greatly disappointed at what I discovered. Delicious served with brown rice - next time I want to cook the brown rice with the vegies!
- 3 -4 turkey thighs
- 5 carrots, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 cup water and chicken bouillon)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat ovenproof pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Season turkey thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown turkey thighs on both sides. Remove to plate.
- Sautee' carrots, celery, onion and garlic in ovenproof pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth or water and chicken bullion to deglaze the pan.
- Return turkey thighs to the pan.
- Cover and bake for ~1 hour. Remove lid and bake 30-45 minutes or until turkey is brown and carrots are tender.
This was a great recipe idea! I used diced potatoes in addition to the carrots. After I took it out of the oven, I used the pan dripping along with some corn starch and made a gravy. Everything was so tasty! Great comfort food! Would definitely make this again. Thanks for the idea!
A decent recipe. I really liked the veg actually more than the turkey.
It was cooked perfectly, and I did add a bit of butter to it while sauteing it.
The meat was a bit tough and bland the more it got to the bone.
It was easy to prepare and simple. Thanks Chef.