Recipe by PaganHeart
this recipe makes such a rich soup stock and cooking it in the oven elimates burning and alot of stirring
- 1 turkey carcass, including skin
- 2 large yellow onions, with onion skin
- 1 head garlic, cut in half across the head
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 celery heart (the center of a bunch, with lots of green leaves)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 lb sauteed turkey gizzard (optional)
- cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- break up the carcass and place it in a large stock pot with all ingredients.
- cover with cold water.
- put pot in oven,turn the temperature down to 200.
- leave in oven at least 8 hours, the longer the better, up to 24 hours.
- remove from oven.
- strain through colandar removing all ingredients leaving stock.
- (I save the gizzards to put in turkey stuffing and gravy) use stock for making gravy, as liquid in stuffing or making delicious turkey pine nut soup.