Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is a very easy Shepherd's Pie, using mostly pre-made ingredients and ground turkey instead of ground beef. I use onion powder and garlic powder because I don't like the texture of cooked onions and garlic in my food. However, I'm sure the real thing would be good for those who prefer. I use the pre-made mashed potatoes that are usually found near the packaged meats for added ease.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can turkey gravy
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground turkey, onion powder and garlic powder in the olive oil until done. While the turkey is cooking, prepare the mashed potatoes according to the directions.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8 dish. Pour the cooked turkey into the dish.
- Top with the corn and artichoke hearts.
- Then, top off with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Top with the cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pour turkey gravy over each serving, if desired.