Recipe by cuisinebymae
I came up with this to get rid of some leftover turkey. I enjoyed it, I hope you will too.
Top Review by PaulaG
Breakfast was excellent, thank you. I used egg substitute for the eggs. Sprayed a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and eliminated the butter. Instead of the tomato sauce and peppers, I used salsa. This is a nice way to use leftover turkey and will probably be made again within the next couple of weeks.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 3 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 slice processed cheese, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper.
- Beat well.
- Combine turkey, onion, tomato sauce, and green pepper.
- Melt butter in an 8 inch skillet, preferably with rounded sides, over medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Let cook, without stirring, until it is about three-quarters cooked, with just the top not cooked.
- Carefully loosen with a metal spatula and turn.
- Try not to break it.
- When the underside is cooked, spread the turkey mixture on one half of the omelette.
- Spread the torn cheese pieces over the turkey mixture.
- Fold omelette over to cover the filling.
- Serve as soon as the cheese is melted.