1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great recipe I came up with using just stuff we had on hand. You can eat it straight out of a bowl with cheese, onions and sour cream. Or you can top turkey hot dogs to make filling chili dogs. My husband loved it left over on hamburger buns - a la' sloppy joes! Keeps well, and freezes too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chiles in adobo or 1/2 teaspoon powdered chipotle pepper or 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle favorite light beer or 1 cup dry red wine
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven (3 qts or larger) over medium/high heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and cook until onion begin to become translucent.
- 3Add the ground turkey and throroughly brown.
- 4Add the chili powder, basil, chipolte and cajun seasoning.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients bring to a rolling boil reduce to medium heat and let simmer for one hour to one and a half hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Turkey No-Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo