Recipe by Chef Cameo
This gravy comes out perfect every time. You will love how easy it is to make and everyone loves it. It's the cream of chicken soup that makes it special but the poultry seasoning gives it that roasted turkey flavor. Creamy and never lumpy. It's especially great when you are roasting a skinless turkey breast. I baked my turkey breast in chicken broth to get some additional flavor in the gravy.
Top Review by mandabears
this has been my back up turkey gravy recipe and has been for a long time. it is easy to prepare and the taste is rich and creamy, the best thing about it is NOT LUMPS. thanks for posting the recipe.
- 5 cups stock, from the pan drippings, used approximately 5 cups stock
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring the turkey stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and season with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 2. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- 3. Warm the milk in the microwave for about 30 seconds and whisk in the flour until there are no lumps.
- 4. Bring the stock up to a boil.
- 5. Gradually stir in the milk mixture stirring constantly for about a minute or until it's thickened.