Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
So easy and tasty. Throw the turkey chili all together the night before, turn it on in the morning and come home to a wonderful aroma. Serve with toast and a crisp green salad.
- 453.59 g ground turkey (you can sub ground chicken)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 127.57 g canchopped chilies, drained
- 411.06 g can black beans, undrained
- 411.06 g can chickpeas, undrained
- 411.06 g can kidney beans, undrained
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 453.59 g can tomato sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml chili powder, to taste
- Cook turkey and onion in a medium fry pan over medium high heat, scramble fry until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat and transfer cooked meat and onion to crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on high 6 to 8 hours.
I am rating this a 5-star because it is fast, easy, healthy and economical. Honestly I thought it was a little bland but It makes a good base recipe, though, so I added some minced garlic, cayenne, hot sauce, worcester, green pepper and served it with lots of topping choices like avocado, cilantro, black olives, cheddar cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime, crushed tostito chips and sour cream. Problem solved, everyone gave it a big thumbs up. Next time I will sub cannellini beans for the chick peas (just a personal preference of texture). Anyway, it's a keeper and thanks for posting it!
Super easy and a great supper served with cornbread and oatmeal cookies for desert on a cold rainy night. Comfort food at its best! I only used 1/2 pound of turkey and also subsituted cannelini beans (for the ckickpeas) with delicious results. This is a must for busy moms who want a hot meal waiting at the end of the day. Thanks Derf we will be having this often!