Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this all the time because it is so filling and so easy to make. Leftovers are just as good the next day, with or without rice!
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 2 lbs turkey breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 5 ounces matchstick carrots (1/2 pack)
- 2 cups cooked rice (avoid quick types of rice, they will get too soggy)
- spices (I recommend rosemary and other poultry seasonings)
- Bring the two cartons of broth to a boil and then reduce to med-high heat.
- Add the cubed turkey and let it cook, stirring often. Add the spices now so it can infuse the broth better.
- Prepare your rice in a separate pot and time it so it will be ready when the soup is ready.
- Let the turkey cook for about 20-30 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add vegetables and cook another 10 minuted until they are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup rice in each bowl and then add soup, about 1-2 cups depending on how much you would like.