This is a great way of eating turkey if you want a change from the traditional roast. Or, to use left-over turkey, reheat in the stock as in Step 1 for 5-6 minutes or until piping hot, then continue as below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the broth to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the turkey strips and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked, there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- 2Set the turkey strips aside and keep warm. Leave the broth to simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- 4Add the rice and stir until coated in the butter. Pour in the wine and cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Add a ladleful of hot broth to the pan, stir and simmer gently until all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the broth until it has all been used, or until the rice is plump and tender.
- 6Stir in the reserved turkey and the pesto. Heat through until piping hot. Season with pepper, scatter with freshly torn basil leaves and the pine nuts. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Turkey and Pesto Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 865.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: