I'm not a big fan of red meat, but I grew up in an Italian home where meatball style meatloaf was a BIG part of my mom's repertoire. She switched to turkey in the early 90's and it's the only thing I cook with now. This recipe combines my love of turkey meatloaf with my lifestyle as a single city-girl who doesn't want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. This is soooo yummy, half made-up and half from the ground turkey and stuffing packages.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh ground turkey
- 1 (6 ounce) package stove top monterey style prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon dijon mushroom
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (I prefer sweet variety)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom gravy
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (I also use "fake" eggs)
- 1Mix all the ingredients together, except 1/2 the jar of gravy and the cheese (put those aside for later).
- 2Once all the ingredients are well mixed, spray the bottom of a glass baking dish with Pam or olive oil cooking spray.
- 3Put just over half the meat mixture in the bottom of the baking dish and spread out into an even round patty (should look like a really large hamburger patty).
- 4Then take a Tablespoon or so of the remaining gravy and spread evenly on top of the patty, with about a half inch perimeter.
- 5Take the shredded or sliced cheese and dump onto the patty and"smoosh" it into the meat mixture with the back of a spoon or your hands.
- 6Get it in as even a layer as possible, again leaving about a half inch perimeter.
- 7Then roll the remaining meat mixture into a ball and lay on top of the patty/cheese/gravy.
- 8Smoosh the sides of the bottom layer up to form one solid "dome" of meatloaf and seal in the cheese layer.
- 9Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes; add the remaining gravy to the top and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes (or until a fork or toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Turkey and Mushroom Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 203.1 mg
- Sodium 998.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g