Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy grilling recipe. This spicy chicken is full of flavor. From Eating Well magazine. You can grill, broil or use a grill pan on the stovetop for this recipe. I sliced the chicken, after grilling, and served it over a salad.
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Grind coriander seeds, caraway seeds and crushed red pepper in a spice grinder (or mortar and pestle) until finely ground. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Coat both sides of chicken with the rub up to 30 minutes before grilling or broiling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
Really good chicken. I just sprinkled on the spices, didn't measure, so might have been less than called for. You could definitely still taste the caraway and the red pepper made it quite spicy. I drizzled a teeny bit of good olive oil on these after cooking and it was great on it. Was part of a wonderful meal tonight.
Very flavorful and tasty grilled chicken. I did cut back on the caraway seed and red pepper some and the outcome was just fine for our tastes. Since the recipe calls for boneless, skinless breasts, I would suggest adding a little olive oil to the spices to add some moisture and to prevent the chicken from drying out. Next time, I might try chicken thighs instead. This chicken made for a really nice meal. Made for PRMR, February, 2014.