Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is an easy appetizer you can literally whip up in 5 minutes - it's best if you prepare at least 6 hours ahead of serving to allow for chilling and having the flavors 'blend' together. Makes all the difference in the world.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked (I use a 6 oz/160 gr can packed in olive oil)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 4 gherkins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced thin
- fresh curly-leaf parsley
- melba toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in food processor and process 2 minutes or until mixture makes a stiff paste.
- Line a 3-cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap; pack in pate mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill atleast 6 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Unmold onto serving plate and garnish with egg slices and parsley.
- Serve with crackers and melba toast.