Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy appetizer you can literally whip up in 5 minutes - it's best if you prepare at least 6 hours ahead of serving to allow for chilling and having the flavors 'blend' together. Makes all the difference in the world.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked (I use a 6 oz/160 gr can packed in olive oil)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 4 gherkins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced thin
- fresh curly-leaf parsley
- melba toast
- Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in food processor and process 2 minutes or until mixture makes a stiff paste.
- Line a 3-cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap; pack in pate mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill atleast 6 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Unmold onto serving plate and garnish with egg slices and parsley.
- Serve with crackers and melba toast.
This is a really tasty pate, I made this as one of the appies pre Christmas diiner, very popular it was too. So easy to put together, thanks for sharing it Evelyn.
I love this stuff! Fish is my favorite protein and I couldn't keep away from this - thanks so much for posting this recipe. It will be made often in my house.
Made this exactly as is for an Easter gathering with only one exception...I COULD NOT get the jar of gherkins open to save my neck, and DH was golfing, so I had to do without. I truly didn't miss it - and neither did everyone snarfing it down! I garnished it with extra toasted almonds and the thin-sliced egg. The taste is spectacular, the presentation is lovely, and the ease of preparation is superb. If I could give this more stars I would. I'll be making this to rave reviews in the future - and I can't wait to make it again! Great recipe, evelyn - thanks so much for sharing!