Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a filling lunch for one. Serves two as a side with a cup of light soup (such as tomato). I make it the night before to toss in my lunch bag the next day.
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna in olive oil, undrained (I use Genova)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or less to preference)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine macaroni and tuna (undrained - the olive oil is key to the recipe). Gently break up tuna while mixing.
- Add tomato, basil and lemon juice. Combine well.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
- Chill to allow flavors to blend at least one hour or overnight.
Really good and easy salad