Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Quick and easy--great for quick lunches when your babysitting, busy, or just want something healthy and quick.
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles (your choice) or 1 cup bow tie pasta (your choice) or 1 cup macaroni (your choice) or 1 cup spiral shaped pasta (your choice)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagefresh tuna, flaked or 1 (3 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add celery and carrots and simmer for 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes more or until hot.