Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This casserole is easy to prepare. It is probably the first recipe I committed to memory. Sometimes we add corn or peas. It may be a little bland but it works.
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat macaroni
- 1 (7 ounce) packet tuna
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Combine all ingredients mixing well.
- Pour in greased 8x8 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Very good. I only par-cooked the macaroni, so I added in a little more moisture (either the tuna water or milk) for it to cook in. Also, I added in frozen vegetables. I didn't have the kind with corn/peas/green beans, I had just regular frozen green beans. Also, I just sprinkled the cheese on the top the last 5 minutes.
What a tasty, comforting meal--easy and quick, too. I used a can of yellow-fin tuna, and I don't do lowfat cheese (blech), but kept the whole-wheat pasta and can of cream of mushroom soup. It doesn't need to cook as long as 30-40 minutes, IMO, since the ingredients aren't raw. YUM.