I love this casserole. This is a very tasty creation from Joanna Lund. It can be frozen and the portions are very generous. You get alot of bang for the few calories. Each serving is only 253 calories. The Diabetic Exchanges are: 2 Protein, 1 1/2 Starch and 1 Vegetable.
- 2 cups noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained (hot)
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, drained (2.5 ounce jar)
- 2 cups cut green beans, rinsed and drained (16 ounce can)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices reduced-fat American cheese (I use non fat slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, mushrooms and green beans.
- Add mushroom soup, onion flakes, parsley flakes and black pepper.
- Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly arrange American cheese slices over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 4 servings.
- HINT: 1 3/4 cups uncooked noodles usually cooks to about 2 cups.