Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy casserole that children and teenagers just love (and you still get a vegetable into them). This was a favorite dish of mine and my brothers and now THE favorite dish for my two kids. Comfort food I guess. The best part is that it's so easy they can make it themselves!
- 1 can flaked solid white tuna
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips
- Mix together in casserole dish: tuna, mushroom soup, milk, peas and 3/4 cup crushed chips.
- Sprinkle remainder of the chips on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This is yummy! I grew up on this (my big sister used to make it a lot) exact recipe, except it was mixed with a pound of cooked egg noodles. Otherwise, it is the same. Major comfort food and the peas really are good in it...especially baby peas.
I usually serve this recipe over toast, in patty shells or just in a big bowl. The consistency is less thick than many tuna casseroles. Karen is right. This is great mixed with egg noodles as well.
I found it a little bland, but the family loved it.