Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a quick and easy tuna casserole recipe I got from my mom years ago. It's really easy to make.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can no-salt-added peas, drained
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb noodles (I prefer Capanelle)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions, making them just aldente (they will cook more in the oven). Drain well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, peas, soup, and noodles. Stir well in bowl.
- Spray a large 4-5 liter casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place all contents from bowl into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and pepper.
- Bake covered on 350 for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 15 minute or until top is lightly browned.
Definitely easy to make and very tasty. Can't remember when I last made tuna casserole, but it was a long time ago. I did change the topping though. Instead of Italian bread crumbs, I used Ritz cracker crumbs with just a little melted butter mixed in. I also added additional salt and pepper. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.