Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Published in Light & Tasty as Easy Crab Cakes. We like them best with tuna!
Make and share this Easy Tuna Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, egg, onions, red pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining bread crumbs.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna cakes in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Quick and easy to make. They were delicious, and my hubby went for thirds.
These turned out pretty good. Super fast to put together. They didn't seem to want to firm up, so I put the lid on the pan and tuned the heat down and they firmed up fine. We trying to eat more tuna so I think we'll use this as a base recipe for tuna burgers. Thanks for posing the recipe.
This recipe is great! We're having a heat wave here in the Pacific Northwest and I was looking for something easy and quick to make for dinner. This did the trick. I made it as written other than using Lite Miracle Whip instead of Mayo (hubby's preference) and added just a touch of olive oil to the butter in the pan while frying. Served it was a cold green salad dressed with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. May add a dash of hot sauce next time, and there will be a next time. I'm planning on serving this next week when out of town company is here. Thanks for sharing!