- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, egg, onions, red pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining bread crumbs.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna cakes in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.