Princess Pea's Note:
Published in Light & Tasty as Easy Crab Cakes. We like them best with tuna!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1In a large bowl, combine the tuna, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, egg, onions, red pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne.
- 2Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-inch balls.
- 3Roll balls in remaining bread crumbs.
- 4Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 5In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna cakes in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tuna Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 1012.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.2 g