Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are really just too easy to make!!!! The beauty of these is that they can be made with whatever biscuit/cookie you prefer and coated with whatever you have in the pantry. You can also leave them uncoated if you wish. So far, here in NZ I have only made them with 'Toffee Pops' but I have made 2 batches.......one for my daughter's 2nd birthday as a treat for the attending adults and again for my nephews 2nd birthday lunch the next day. They were well received :) I dipped mine to cover half way up the ball in melted dark chocolate but you can use white or milk chocolate, or, roll the balls in chopped nuts, cocoa, coconut, candy sprinkles or even a combination.....the choice is yours. Yield is dependent on size. EDITED TO ADD (For those in NZ or Australia).....Since making these a few times I have found that by using 2 pkts Toffee Pops plus 1 pkt of Griffins Peach or Mint Sensation biscuits it gives an even better result. Also if you are not so fond of a cream cheese taste use 3pkts biscuits of your choice. They can also be frozen or will keep for up to a week in the fridge. Great to make ahead of time.
- 2 (200 g) packets biscuits (cookies to those in the USA, of your choice.....Toffee Pops or Tim Tams for those in NZ or Australia)
- 250 g cream cheese
- melted chocolate or cocoa powder or chopped nuts or coconut, for coating the finished balls
- Using a food processor crumb the biscuits/cookies. If you don't have a food processor just put biscuits into a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin until crumbed.
- Mix crumbs well with the cream cheese.
- Roll into small balls.
- Either dip into melted chocolate and place on baking paper to set or roll in coating of your choice.
- Store in fridge until required.
SO easy, simple to do! Lots of handy hints can help with too! Using a melon baller dipped in hot water helps HEAPS, true! Don't worry if the balls are not perfect looking too! To get even fancier, melt white chocolate and drizzle across top, The possibilities are endless, you will not want to stop lol Used high quality dark chocolate with chocolate hazelnut and also blackforest tim tams today! BLOODY BEAUTIFUL too is what I can also say! THANKS!
BLOODY BEAUTIFUL! A wonderful and simple yet beautiful treat.
Thanks, made mine with two pkts toffee pops and one pkt mint sensations and dipped in dark chocolate then drizzled with white chocolate. People were very impressed. Very easy to make, will definiately try again with other types of biscuits. Since tried again with just toffee pops and this is my preferred option. Thanks again, very yummy.