Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
this recipe came from woman's day magazine from april 2005. i haven't tried it yet, but i will very soon. with three ingredients it couldn't be easier sounding.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat an 8 x 3 inch cake pan with nonstick spray. line bottom with wax paper; spray wax paper.
- Have a large roasting readily available.
- Melt chips and butter together; stir until well blended.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with mixer on high for 7 minutes, or until tripled and soft peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate mixture until blended. Pour into cake pan.
- Place large roasting pan in oven; place cake pan inside. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to come up halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Cover cake pan loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes. the cake will look soft but sets when cold.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours, or until firm. Invert on serving platter; shake down sharply to release cake. Peel off wax paper and enjoy!
Are you kidding me with this?!?! So rich and so delicious! You only need a small piece to satisfy your sweet tooth! I think this would be great with a tart raspberry sauce,
I made this for valentine's day and it was amazing. We enjoyed it immensely. So rich and dense will make again for sure
AMAZING RECIPE!!!!!!! and amazingly simple... i covered the top and sides with choco sticks just before storing in the fridge. so when i served i made it a little warm and the choco sticks melted down... sinfully delightful!!!!!