Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was found in a supermarket pamplet put out by the Florida Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture. I thought it was pretty good and easy to make. The picture shows the shrimp served on sauted vegetables (thinly sliced carrots, shallots and snow peas) which I made with the marinade.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup diced water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients together and toss well.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- (Save the marinade if you want to use it to saute vegetables to serve with the shrimp).
- Place shrimp on a broiler pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source for 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and the pineapple begins to brown.