Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from a Pillsbury cookbook, serve this over rice. The recipe can be doubled and all ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving the liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, reserving the liquid
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, toast the coconut over medium heat, until golden and crisp; set aside.
- Brown ground beef and garlic in the same skillet; drain well.
- Add salt, pepper lemon juice and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch with reserved pineapple and mandarin orange liquids; stir well until smooth then add to ground beef and cook over medium heat for 5 mins, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in the pineapple and mandarin oranges; cook 2-3 mins, or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over noodles or rice, and sprinkle with more toasted coconut and cashew nuts.