Simple recipe for tri-color pasta salad. This recipe uses fresh mushrooms, onions, green peppers, etc. You can alter this recipe to suit your taste. Sometimes I throw in a chopped cucumber or broccoli florets. You can add diced pepperoni or baby shrimp. Great for summer picnics & BBQ's! Note: I use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the prepared Good Seasons Italian dressing made in the cruet - depends on how many vegetables I add in on how much dressing I use.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 3 7⁄8 ounces pitted sliced black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Good Seasons Italian dressing
- salt & pepper
- Prepare pasta al dente as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, prepare above ingredients. Drain pasta & cool. Combine all ingredients by stirring gently.
- Chill & serve.