1/1 Photo of Easy Tres Leches Sheet Cake
Same great flavor, without all of the work! This is a great dessert to serve after barbeque or other spicy foods, and is a popular treat here in Texas. It is far more portable than a traditional tres leches cake so bring it along to your next barbeque or fiesta. If you have never had tres leches cake, expect the cake to be very "wet," the three milk combination helps remove the burn from chiles from your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and four a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Beat on low for 30 seconds then on medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4Let stand 5 minutes then poke the hot cake every 1/2 inch with a long-tined fork. Wipe the fork occasionally to reduce sticking and tearing.
- 5In a large bowl combine milks and cream. Carefully pour the mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 6Frost cake as desired. Garnish with strawberry slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tres Leches Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g