1/2 Photos of Easy Tres Leches Cake
I wanted to make a simple, quick Tres Leches cake for my family. Too many recipes I'd found called for fruit, or meringue, or coconut -- which detracts from the rich milk flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Three milk soaking liquid
- 1Preheat over to 350º.
- 2Grease or "pam" 9x12 baking pan.
- 3Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- 4Add water and cake mix and beat 3 minutes.
- 5Pour batter into pan.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes, or until cake has lost its jiggly center and springs back when touched.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Mix the 3 milks.
- 9Poke cake full of holes. A chopstick works great for this. Don't skimp on the holes; that's what allows the cake to absorb the milks.
- 10Pour the milk mixture over the cake slowly, until it's absorbed the liquid.
- 11Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 12Serve as desired. If you're serving company, you might cover the cake with whipped cream and fruit; you might just drizzle heavy cream over each serving; you might puree a carton of frozen strawberries and use that as a base to serve slices on.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tres Leches Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 314.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g