Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cut a little time and effort off by starting with a cake mix. Adding a few extras to the mix makes this cake fantastic! Goes well with fresh fruit.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box pudding mix (vanilla, cheesecake or other flavor you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon (to garnish) (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix, sour cream, pudding mix, eggs, oil and milk. Beat for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour into a 13x9 pan that has been lightly greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes. (Check with a toothpick).
- Let cool slightly, but while still warm, use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- While cake is cooling, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and 1 c heavy whipping cream. Then pour this over the slightly cooled cake.
- Whip the other 2 cups of whipping cream until peaks form. Add in confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat well. Spread over the cake and refridgerate at least 4 hours. (Keep leftovers refrigerated as well.).
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with a little cinnamon for garnish if desired.