Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be doubled and tripled with the same great results.
Make and share this Easy Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup prepared mild salsa or 1 cup medium salsa (Pace Picante Medium recommended)
- 1 cup dried tomatoes, halves sniped into thin strips
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 small avocado, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix broth, salsa, dried tomatoes corn and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, 8 to 10 minutes, until dried tomatoes are tender.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and the lime juice.
- Ladle hot soup into 4 bowls.
- Divide the remaining cilantro, the tortilla chips, avocado and cheese among the 4 bowls.
I'm not sure why, since the salsa I used was mild, but it was really spicy! I even cut the cumin to a little over 1/2 tsp. I had about 1/4 C of sun-dried tomatoes and thought I had diced tomatoes, but no deal. So I added a full 15 oz can of corn to compensate. Didn't use the cilantro and used a colby/jack cheese. Nice flavor. Just a little too spicy for our liking.