Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It's so quick and easy to make that it's travelled from one household to another in my family. This recipe can be altered according to the spice level you wish to have.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon canned jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces ortega chunky salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 4 -6 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Saute the onions and green peppers with the cumin seeds until tender, not brown.
- Add the jalapeno peppers and let it heat for a minute or two.
- Add the cans of vegetable broth and stir.
- Add the black beans, corn and salsa and let it simmer.
- Serve hot and garnish it with the cheese, sour cream, scallions and top it off with some tortilla chips.