Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Makes a great appetizer or snack! Yield is only estimated depending on the size of the slices. I have also made these with finely chopped green onions with the garlic in the cream cheese. You can use the flavored cream cheese in tubs if desired. Plan ahead--the rolls need to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before slicing. Yield is only estimated, it will depend on the size of the slices.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and divided (make certain that the cream cheese is very soft for spreading)
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 lb sliced cooked ham (I like to use honey ham)
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the softened cream cheese with garlic powder (if using).
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese onto one side of a tortilla.
- Place a 1-2 slices of ham over the cream cheese.
- Spread another layer of cream cheese over the ham.
- Roll a pickle up in the the tortilla.
- Cover the roll with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (to make slicing easier).
- Remove the plastic wrap, using a serrated knife slice the roll into about 1-inch pieces or to desired size).
- Chill the slices if you are not using right away.