Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes a great appetizer or snack! Yield is only estimated depending on the size of the slices. I have also made these with finely chopped green onions with the garlic in the cream cheese. You can use the flavored cream cheese in tubs if desired. Plan ahead--the rolls need to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before slicing. Yield is only estimated, it will depend on the size of the slices.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and divided (make certain that the cream cheese is very soft for spreading)
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 lb sliced cooked ham (I like to use honey ham)
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Mix the softened cream cheese with garlic powder (if using).
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese onto one side of a tortilla.
- Place a 1-2 slices of ham over the cream cheese.
- Spread another layer of cream cheese over the ham.
- Roll a pickle up in the the tortilla.
- Cover the roll with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (to make slicing easier).
- Remove the plastic wrap, using a serrated knife slice the roll into about 1-inch pieces or to desired size).
- Chill the slices if you are not using right away.
The family loved these and has requested to have them again. They were easy to make!
I made these to serve with the appetizer platter for Thanksgiving and they were GONE before anyone arrived. Darn kids.....I have to admit, I ate several while I was making them. So good and so easy!
I really enjoyed this easy appetizer. For the dill pickles I used Claussen just personal preference for their great flavor and crunchy texture. I used onion and chive cream cheese and made and few with crumbled feta or sharp cheddar sprinkled in the rolls too. These were quickly devoured and I will make again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe.